My friend Mary from the Boondocks blog honored me by including me in her choices for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award. Not only she makes unique crafts, she is also a warm and very helpful person.
Do visit her blog and meet her!
Are you curious to see the 10 bloggers I handpicked to pass the award on?
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is passed from blogger to blogger as a way to get to know one another and meet new friends. It has five rules that are more of helpful guidelines than actual rules:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog
- Answer the 10 questions given to you
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and let them know they have been nominated (you can be flexible on this one and just nominate bloggers you like)
- Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Display the award on your blog or post
First, allow me answer the questions Mary posed:
1. Why did you start a blog?
Motherhood. As a stay at home mom, blogging is my way of maintaining sanity and calmness in a way of “hey, I did something more than changing diapers and singing the alphabet song 3265.4 times. Yay me…”
2. Do you think that the country you live in is accepting of blogging and encourages it as an occupation?
Currently living in USA, where blogging is practically mainstream and well accepted. When I visited Greece and the farmer’s market, people also responded warmly when I explained I was taking photos for a blog.
3. When you tell strangers that you are a blogger, how do they react?
I think…they do not know how to respond to that and I put them in an awkward position.
4. What would your dream job be?
The same as Jimmy Fallon’s.
(the image is from his twitter profile)
5. Have you ever been abroad, and if so, where?
I have been to several European countries and the USA.
My traveling advice: always have a can of your coffee with you when you go abroad. Always!
6. What is the best aspect of blogging for you?
Hands down the people. From my readers, to the other bloggers, like I mentioned in this post, blogging is – at least what I have seen – a wonderful world of interaction and support.
7. And the worst aspect?
There Is Not Enough Timeeee. 😀
8. Do you speak more than one language? Do you wish you spoke another one?
I speak two languages decently and three more, in a “I can survive (barely) but can’t hold a philosophical conversation” level. I wish I spoke more languages fluently and I plan on practicing with my daughter – once she reaches the age for her third language (she is growing bilingual).
9. What are your thoughts on social media? Is it a blessing or a necessary evil?
They’re evil I tell ya! Love their potential for direct contact and outreach but, they are so demanding time wise – I still have to do laundry (and clean up the…snow in our library room), you know!
10. If you had a second self and you could start a second blog, what would that one be about?
It would be a very personal one, not public and with a single person as audience target: my daughter. Turns out I can’t keep a diary for even a week but I do keep on posting on this blog for over a year now. A blog just for my daughter’s eyes would help me tell her so many things and preserve day-to-day memories for her.
It’s my turn to nominate ten blogs I really enjoy reading, learning and connecting with:
(You know, the hardest part about these lists, is leaving people out.)
In no particular order, I present you with:
- Wendi from H20 Bungalow ->this girl can paint and distress furniture, like no other (and you should really check out her contemporary bathroom).
- Carol from Cad Interiors -> Carol creates beautiful and modern style-boards that are quite the inspiration.
- Vineta from The Handyman’s Daughter ->she’s fun, she’s handy, she does all sorts of cool DIYs.
- Lora from Craftivity Designs -> DIYs, art, home decor and a lovely smile.
- Stephanie from Casa Watkins ->If you haven’t seen her vignette styling yet, you are seriously missing out. She’s the girl that created the term “global eclectic style” and made it a thing.
- Amy from German Pearls -> Tech blog with excellent tech advice, tips & tricks and she is sweet enough to answer distress calls from other bloggers (like me for example 😉 ).
- Sally from New England Flower Beds -> One of the sweetest bloggers around, with a lovely garden to boot. She is currently having blog problems (with a virus) so no link (darn bad timing of my post) but I will add it once she fixes the problem. 🙂
- Dr.Jessica from TravelAnimalDr -> An animal doctor with a cause and a blog full of foodie recipes and animal care.
- Jenn from Pretend Farm Girl -> Super active on instagram, cooks, decorates and has a very charming nursery that she shared on her blog.
- Maro from Akamatra ->Akamatra means lazy/doing_nothing female (in Greek) and she is anything, BUT that. Great photography and crafts.
And these are my questions for them:
- Share something about yourself that you find unusual?
- Favorite post – of all times – that you wrote?
- Favorite spot to enjoy a drink (even if it is just water)?
- Pizza, steak or salad?
- Which is your favorite social media outlet?
- What is the best aspect of blogging (in your eyes)?
- What was the most important thing or lesson you learnt in your life?
- Which baby animal you find the cutest?
- Best blogging advice you can give?
- What is the question you would have liked to have received (and what is the answer to it)?
Finishing, I’d like to thank Mary again, for passing the Sisterhood of World Bloggers award to me (too).
Enjoy your weekend and, pssst? Let’s connect on instagram. 😉
[jetpack_subscription_form title=”Subscribe to TwoPlusCute” subscribe_text=”The easiest way to never miss a post!” subscribe_button=”Sign Me Up!”]