Made new art for our walls. Literally – tongue in cheek – ART, with a touch of pop. This is my best yet and a good step towards filling what hubby calls my “army of frames”. You might have gotten a glimpse of the 2nd printable in our 15 minute accent wall post.
Check out how to make your own and grab the free printables.
We are finishing up the new window of the nursery, now that we fixed the missing drip cap. Once a window is installed, the next step is to seal it properly. And the next-next step is to tackle the rest of our non-closing, non-opening, old windows.
Especially the one I caved in with my thumb. Long story but it was so rotten I pushed through the wood, with just my finger…
In this post however, we are sharing how and where to caulk the interior of newly installed windows.
We will also demonstrate a caulking gun (a good caulking gun – mom pay attention!) and how to use it. There is a LOT of information in this post so get the beverage of your choice and read on!
I often brainstorm – that is I think hard and then get a headache – on how to keep our home as clean as I had kept our old apartment. With any number of young kids, it becomes a challenge to have a bath, let alone to keep a house tidy.
My big plan so far is threefold: training our toddler to pick her stuff (which is – surprisingly – working), persuading hubby to pick his stuff (which is – surprisingly? – not working so well) and adding practical storage. Starting with the main kitchen cabinet (and yes, our kitchen still looks like this – only messier).
We improved said cabinet by adding elevated, removable, half shelves and they made a huge difference in storage, convenience and accessibility!
I would like to make some naughty yet intelligent pun about flashing windows but nothing comes to mind. Here is the thing: it rained. Inside the house. Well, it dripped to be exact. And made a small pool on the inside of the window. The brand new window that well, was missing a little something: a drip edge cap above the window.
There was a drip cap above the window. However, it had to be over the trim (or brick molding) that is over the window. Semantics one might say…
We immediately called the Newbie House Owners’ Support Line (in other words, we called my father in law) and after a close inspection, he found out we lacked the all important drip edge cap above the new windows. Which we had to install as soon as possible because, the weather was about to change for the much wetter.
In our nursery, the book situation was a little…blah. For the longest time we used a basic – so basic it was ugly – cabinet that I came to regret the 20 dollars it costed. If you don’t like an item, even 10 cents are too many.
Enter the DIY bookcase ledges. A project so simple that I was bound to make it difficult.
For one, I nailed the 5 ledges twice. Because the first time, even with my painstaking attention to detail, my brain was – apparently – in a completely different dimension than the rest of me and so, I nailed every.single.ledge, wrong.